Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Queenstown baby!

I love Queenstown! It is a small but very beautiful city full of adventure, shops, cafes and bars.
After going for a quick wonder around the city, we all went to the hostel bar for a free meal and drinks. I saw some people I knew from the other bus too which was nice. I have had drinks from fishbowls, buckets, and jugs but never from a teapot which is what one of the bars sold that we went to next!! The next day I chilled and had a legendary fergburger. Everyone talks about this being the best burger ever and is a must when you go to Queenstown. It was the biggest burger Iv ever seen and did live up to the hype!

Moving on from burgers, the next day I went skiing which was amazing and one of my favourite things so far! I havn't really skied before so I went in the beginners class and had a lesson in the morning and a lesson in the afternoon. They really helped and even before lunch I was wizzing down the beginners slopes! I then learnt how to turn and stuff and tried out a steeper slope in the afternoon. I didn't fall over once which I was impressed with! It was a lovely sunny day and the view from the mountain was incredible. I want to go on a skiing holiday as soon as possible!

After more drinks to celebrate a successful day of skiing, I had to get up early to get the bus to Christchurch. We stopped off at a couple of nice spots and saw a view of Mt Cook. I am now in Christchurch which is a pretty boring city to be honest! I've been for a walk to the museum and around the botanical gardens.
Tomorrow I fly to Australia. I have changed my plans a bit and will now fly to sydney and travel up to cairns because it works out a lot cheaper. I will be sad to leave New Zealand as it is an amazing country and I have had a lot of fun. However, I am looking forward to some heat on Oz!

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment