Monday, September 21, 2009

In Oz and surfing!

I Was very sad to leave New Zeland. It is an amzaing place and I have had a fab month there. I flew to sydney but got there quite late so just chilled for the night. I did the harbour and bondi when I flew here the first time so the next day I went to Manly beach. It was a 30 minute ferry ride with really nice views and the place itself had a good atmosphere with loads of beach shops and cafes. I spent ages just chilling on Manly beach and Fairy beach.

I am travelling australia with a girl I met in New Zealand so very early on sunday morning, I met Frankie and we got the bus to woolgooga. It was a long ride but when we got to the surf camp it was all worth it. The surf camp is in the middle of nowhere but is lovely. As soon as we arrived we had dinner (three meals a day are included so I'm getting very fat!) and chatted around the fire. We had another early start on monday as we had a surf lesson. It only took about 45mins before we were in the water and standing up! I was very impressed with my little self! We even saw some dolphins in the water with us. After lunch, we went for a swim and a sunbathe followed by drinks and cricket on the beach. Lots of other people arrived that night so after dinner we played lots of drinking games and had a good night.

On Tuesday we were allowed to have a lie in and we had another surf lesson after lunch. I've got the standing up sorted, I just need to learn how to catch the waves! I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to trying it out on my own in Byron Bay!




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment