Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Auckland

Being hungover on flights seems to be standard for me now! This is how my flight to New Zealand was! I arrived in Auckland yeasterday, checked into my hostel and wondered around the centre of the city. It is even more like England than Sydney was and is full of so many different nationalities. I even saw cows in a field on the way from the airport! It is colder here too!

The people in my dorm were a bit boring, so in the evening I went down to the bar next door. As I walked in they were giving away free cocktails which was perfect! I met a group of people and watched some of the funny competitions that were going on in the bar.

Today, I went up the sky tower which is the tallest tower in the southern hemisphere. It was a pretty cool view of the city and you could watch people jumping from the top which was quite entertaining! It also had a glass floor in some areas which was really scary!


I then wondered around the parks of the city and down to the harbour to see the bridge and all the sailing boats which Auckland seems to be known for. Tonight I may go down to the bar again and tomorrow morning I start the Kiwi Expereince bus which will take me down to Mercury bay.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment