Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st stop!

My flight to Sydney was pretty awful as I was very hungover and had lost my voice. When we got to Sydney airport the crosswinds were too strong so we were diverted to Brisbane. At Brisbane airport we just had to sit on the tarmac for 3 hours while the winds calmed down and the plane was refulled.

Anyway, I arrived at my hostel which is very big and very nice. You could dance in the (very hot) shower if you wanted! I spoke to a girl in my dorm and went out for dinner with her and some other people and then for drinks in the bar under the hostel.

After a much needed long sleep, I got up this morning and when to see the typical Sydney sights with the girl from my dorm. I walked to Sydeny harbour bridge and the opera house which looked really nice in the sunshine and blue sky. Its weird seeing them in real life after seeing so many pictures e.t.c!

We then got on the bus to Bondi Beach. It is an amazing beach with white sand and clear sea. Even though today is a lovely sunny day it is still pretty cold, especailly compared to Hong Kong! I dipped my feet in the sea and screamed! It wasn't very busy down there but there were still quite a few people laying on the beach and it seems like a lovely chilled out area. I think I may stay here when I come back in October.

All I saw of Sydney last night was the hostel bar so, I saw it properly today and it was very strange. After living in Hong Kong and only travelling in Asia before, it is just like being in London or something but with sun and hotter people! Its strange seeing western people everywhere and knowing that everyone speaks English.

I have just had dinner and now off to the bar for a couple of drinks. I fly to Auckland tomorrow so have to be up at 6.30am to get my flight. I'm excited to be going to New Zealand as I was speaking to a few people who have just been but Im also excited to come back to Sydeny and Australia after!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, that flight must have been awful with such a bad hangover! You're photos are good, I'm glad you've had a good start to your travels. Have a safe flight to Auckland. Miss you x

    ReplyDelete