Monday, October 19, 2009

Melbourne and the end of Oz!

Many people have told me that Melbourne is one of the best places in Australia and I should definatly go. I like to go to places according to people's advice so I did the trip up the east coast a little quicker than planned so I could hvae a few days in Melbourne. However, when I got there (after getting on the correct flight!) I was greeted with rain and freezing cold weather and a pretty rough hostel. First impressions were not good.

Melbounre reminds me of England, not just the weather but the buildings too. It is also a very trendy city with cool bars and cafes and I can appreciate why people like to live here. I spent a couple of days walking around the city window shopping as I have no money. I also went up to the skydeck to see views of the city from the 88th floor which was pretty cool. I met up with Frankie for drinks and dinner as we were in the city for one day together which was nice. I aslo met a friend, Grainne who laura and I met in Thailand last year. It was really nice to catch up and it felt like just yeasterday that we were at the full moon party!

On Friday I went on a day trip to Great Ocean road whihc is a beautiful long road that runs on the coastline of south Australia. On this trip I also saw koalas in the wild, the lighthouse from 'Round the twist' and the twelve apostles. It was a long day but very beautiful.

The last couple of days were spent at St kilda which is where the beach is but all I did was eat cake in the lovely cake shops they have there! I'm glad I saw melbourne but i feel like I had too many days there and it is not somewhere I have the urge to go back to. 
I then flew to Sydney for two days to catch my flight to Hong Kong. It was lovely and sunny in Sydney so I spent the day at Bondi and became a little lobster like! In the evening I met Larry who is a frind of a frind in Hong Kong. He took me to lots of Aussie bars around harbour where we drank lots of Aussie beer. My favouite was the opera bar which is just underneath the opera house. Stunning views! We also went to the Australia bar where I ate kangaroo and crocodile pizza! It was very strange - I quite liked them both but the kangaroo was definatly my favourite! Thanks Larry! 
I am now in the airport ready to board my flight to Hong Kong. I am sad to leave Australia but very excited to see everyone in HK! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment